Fast Grow Grass Seed 3LB Bag
Frequently Bought Together
- Contains annual ryegrass which germinates in 7 days
- Grows in full sun to medium-shaded lawn areas
- Have a big event scheduled? Fast Grow grows grass Fast!
Jonathan Green’s Fast Grow Grass Seed is a rapidly establishing grass seed mixture, designed to fill in troubled areas in lawns or grow an entire new lawn quickly. Fast Grow seed mixture contains annual ryegrass which is the fastest germinating grass seed variety. Lawns grown from Fast Grow can be overseeded with any Black Beauty® Grass Seed Mixture to establish a thick, beautiful lawn that will persist for years to come. This seed germinates in 7-10 days.
For the best results, follow the directions below for establishing a new lawn or overseeding an existing one.
- Mow – Mow the lawn at the lowest mower setting before seeding to allow seed to reach the soil.
- Rake – Rake over the existing grass with a metal rake to remove the thatch layer and any debris to loosen the soil. Add additional topsoil to fill in holes and level the ground.
- Check soil pH level – Have a soil test taken to check your soil’s pH level. Optimum soil pH should be between 6.2 to 7.0. For a pH below 6.2 use Jonathan Green MAG-I-CAL® Plus for Acidic & Hard Soil to rapidly increase pH. If the pH is above 7.0 use MAG-I-CAL® Plus for Alkaline & Hard Soil to rapidly decrease the soil pH.
- When to apply – The best time to apply seed is mid-August to mid-October while the ground is still warm and the nights are cooler. Mid-March through mid-May is the next best time to plant, when the soil temperature reaches 55º+ Fahrenheit and the temperature of the air stays consistently warm.
- Spread seed – Apply half of the seed with a rotary spreader in one direction (north to south) and the remainder in the opposite direction (east to west). It is beneficial to spread a new seeding fertilizer that is high in phosphorus at this time as well.
- Rake seed – Rake lightly into the ground with a metal rake. Walk with light, even footsteps on the seedbed to firm the soil around the seed. Do not bury the seed more than one fourth of an inch deep.
- Water – For best germination, water daily to keep the seedbed moist. Continue watering regularly for a few weeks until the grass plants reach a height of 2 – 2.5 inches.
- Mow – Begin mowing when the new grass has reached a height of 3 – 4 inches. Make sure the mower has sharp blades. Be careful not to scalp the lawn, low mowing will stress the root system and encourage the growth of weeds.
3 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 1,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 750 sq. ft.
7 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 3,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 1,750 sq. ft.
15 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 7,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 3,750 sq. ft.
25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 12,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 6,250 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Ryegrasses, Tall Fescues & Fine Fescues
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Good
Shade Tolerance: Fair
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Good
Insect & Disease Resistance: Fair
High Traffic Tolerance: Fair
Planting Depth: 1/4 inches
Germination Time: 7 – 14 days
Frequently Bought Together