Red Mulch 3CF BAG
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Red Mulch, 2 cu ft, is a natural, decorative ground cover that can be used to protect and define landscapes. It's specifically designed to retain moisture in the soil, which helps reduce the need for watering. You'll enjoy having low-maintenance flower beds for every season. Red Mulch also helps suppress weeds and insulates plant roots to prevent damage from extreme temperatures. Use it to keep your flowers, plants and greenery healthy and protected while looking beautiful.
Covers 2 cubic foot of yard space
Benefits of Mulch:
Why do you need mulch anyway? Here are six reasons to use mulch in your garden.
- Controls Weeds – Mulch acts as a barrier, limiting the amount of sunlight that can find its way to the weeds.
- Retains Moisture – Retaining moisture, especially during hot, dry seasons can not only help out your plants, but it can also help out your water bill.
- Prevents Soil Erosion – Mulching not only keeps existing water trapped in the soil, it also keeps rain water from washing away your soil. It does this by breaking the fall of the water and therefore lessening the force when the water impacts the ground.
- Maintains Soil Nutrients – Mulch keep soil nutrients from being washed away with the rain, but it also can release nutrients into the soil if you are using an organic material. This happens as the organic material slowly decomposes on top of the soil.
- Controls Pests – Using certain types of mulch, such as cedar bark, can deter certain pests due to the fact that the cedar bark has natural oils that act as insect repellent.
- Polishes up your Garden – Mulch can give a garden a finished look by filling in the empty spaces while being one of the easiest fillers to maintain. Mulch is easy to care for and never competes with your other plants.
Also available in bulk.