Lawn Moss Control
- Kills lawn moss in hours
- Easy to spread micro-particles for complete coverage
- 50% more active ingredient than other moss control products
- Effective on all types of moss
Jonathan Green Lawn Moss Control kills lawn moss quickly with its easy-to-apply micro-particles that guarantee even application and improved performance. It can be used any time of year when moss is present and becoming a problem. This product contains specially formulated iron which will only kill the moss while greening up the lawn. Due to the high concentration of iron, keep this product off of concrete, driveways and patios where it can stain.
This fast acting product will eliminate the existing moss but to prevent moss from growing back, the underlying soil issues must be resolved as well. Moss appears in lawns for three important reasons: acidic soil with a low pH, hard compacted soil, and lack of sunlight. To help prevent moss from growing back in the future, apply original Mag-I-Cal® to raise the soil pH or Mag-I-Cal Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil to also relieve soil compaction and stimulate soil microbes.
When to Apply:
- Use anytime moss is a problem in the lawn.
Apply in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours to help ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader to uniformly apply. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- The severity of the moss infestation will determine the rate of application. Please read the product label for more information.
- Apply around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters.
- To avoid staining and prevent run off, sweep any excess lawn moss control granules off of hard surfaces onto the lawn.
- Delay seeding the lawn for 2 weeks after application of product.
Coverage Area: 20 lb Bag – 5,000 sq.ft.
Can be Used When Seeding: No
Safe for Children & Animals: No
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 80°F
When to Use: Spring, Summer, Early Fall